Bella
I had to make sure that I had those insulated bags for the cold packs I had in my hands. They were in their usual spot in the back of Rufus, so I placed the packs into the bags, hopped in and headed over to Edward’s house. When I was halfway up his sidewalk, he emerged from his house, two travel mugs of what I assumed was coffee in his hands.
“Mmmm! I love me some caffeinated beverages in the morning,” I purred to him, taking the mug.
“Oh. I only drink decaf,” Edward said, and then broke into the cutest smile.
“You’ll pay for that, you know,” I said, playfully pushing on his shoulder. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, kissing me with enthusiasm. He tasted like mint and coffee. I rested my forehead briefly on his.
“Morning,” he whispered.
“Morning,” I whispered back, feeling all tingly and fluttery and loving every second.
I turned around and started walking toward my truck. When I sensed that he wasn’t following, I turned around. His eyes were trained on my backside.
“You’re checking out my ass, Cullen!”
“And what a fine ass it is, Swan,” he chuckled and winked at me. We settled ourselves into our seats and headed out.
The trip seemed to fly by as Edward and I talked about everything. He hijacked my iPod and made a playlist for “Trips with Edward,” promising to add some of his favorites sometime soon. Apparently, my library of over 3000 songs was severely lacking.
“When is your birthday? And Alice ’s too, I guess?”
“My birthday is June 20. Hers is June 19. She’s eight minutes older than me.”
“That’s so cool! I guess she wanted to stand out, huh? No sharing the spotlight,” I joked.
“I personally think she waited until 11:58 to be born so that she could plan two parties every year. One for her and one for me,” he laughed, shaking his head.
I filed away the fact that I would need to find something within the next few weeks for each of them.
We got to the outskirts of Port Angeles less than an hour after we left, and Edward guided us toward Target. Once we got there, I turned to him after I parked.
“Thanks for coming with me today, Edward. I hope I’m not monopolizing your time or anything.”
“As if you could. It is simply not possible, my Bella. Plus, I needed one of those 24-packs of toilet paper at an economical price,” he snarked at me, then kissed the tip of my nose.
Once inside, we grabbed yet another coffee at Starbucks and each of us got a shopping cart. The store was fairly empty, and he pushed his cart up alongside mine.
“Wanna race?” he asked with a devilish smile.
“You’re on! You get three steps, then one foot remains on the cart at all times. Push it like a skateboard, and the first one to the corner by the dressing rooms wins. Loser buys lunch.” Amateur.
Still smiling, Edward began counting, but left before he got to three, the cheater. His long legs got him a nice head start, but I was gaining. The accessories and junior clothes went flying by my peripheral vision, and suddenly, we were even, taking up the whole aisle with our antics. Just then, one of the wheels on Edward’s cart went all wonky. Almost in slow motion, I saw this flash of red plastic and chrome veer to the right and he crashed into a rack of satiny bras and panties, knocking it over to the ground with a loud, metallic sound. His cart went down next, turning over on its side, taking out another rack of sports bras. It was fucking hilarious, and I almost pissed myself laughing so hard.
“Shit! At least I saved most of my coffee!” Edward said, holding the cup up victoriously and looking around, no doubt praying that we would be allowed to continue our shopping. I hurried to the scene of the accident and began helping him to right the displays, placing the articles of clothing where we thought they should go. It took us about ten minutes, and not a single Target Team Member approached us. Shit, they were all probably in the back replaying the surveillance video and laughing their asses off.
“Karma’s a bitch, huh, Cullen?” I laughed as we tried to roll our carts away with some dignity.
“I know not of which you speak, Swan. An unfortunate accident, nothing more, nothing less,” he said, pretending to be very interested in the display of cargo shorts.
“You, my dear man, cheated. Starting before you should have, and the powers that be righted the wrong. You,” I said, standing on my tiptoes and getting close to his handsome, scruffy face, “owe me lunch.”
“I concede,” he said simply, dropping a lingering kiss on my lips.
We cruised the store, placing items from our shopping lists into our carts. Our carts were filling up, and Edward said that he forgot something in the automotive section, and that he would find me in a few minutes. I wandered through the housewares, looking at new corkscrews. That turned my mind to the thought of drinking wine with Edward, and the type of activity that might go along with a lovely wine buzz. Shit! I am going to need condoms! Or am I? Damn it all to hell! I mean, I’m pretty sure that’s where we will head, eventually. Mmmm, giving Edward head…heh heh heh… Jeebus! What’s wrong with me?? This man had me thinking about going down on him in the middle of fucking Target!? Get it together, Swan.
I took a few deep breaths and continued to absentmindedly stroll the aisles, leaning on the cart with my forearms, not even noticing which department I was in. As I pulled my head from my ass, I noticed that I was in the health and beauty aids. I picked up some toothpaste and dental floss, and rounded the corner to the next aisle. I looked up as I accidentally ran my cart into someone and let out a squeak when I noticed it was Edward. And he had a pack of magnum-sized condoms in his hands. Sweet mother of God.
His eyes went wide, and I saw a hint of a blush flash across his cheeks. He then laughed and waved the pack at me. “Would you believe that I was a Boy Scout? Always prepared?” He asked sheepishly. I laughed nervously.
“Yes, I do believe you strike me as the type of person to think of everything, Edward,” I said, looking down at the package in his hands. “Would you mind buying the ones that are super sheer, though? I hear that they’re almost like wearing nothing at all.”
Edward’s mouth opened and closed several times before he let a smile infect his perfect face. “I’ll get a few different kinds, OK?” he said, and then began rattling off the choices that were on the shelves before us. “Ribbed, Twister, Warming Sensations-ouch...I think we might forgo that one, if you don’t mind. Her Pleasure?”
I was cracking up, walking a thin line between excitation and mortification. I stood next to him casually, picking up the various choices and reading the boxes for the first time in my life. “I see we are limited to the Magnum selection, then? Lucky me,” I said with a smirk.
“And they have a vibrating ring,” he said, handing the package over to me, an eyebrow lifted.
“Hmm. Sounds interesting. I’ll try almost anything once,” I said, tossing the item into my cart. I looked at his smoldering eyes and winked, then began to walk away. Feeling evil, I called over my shoulder, “Don’t forget the lube, babe. Astroglide, I think.”
Edward stood there, three packs of condoms in his hands, still as a statue as his eyes about popped out of his head. I turned around to find an elderly couple, clearly entertained by our exchange. The woman looked at me and patted my arm. “That’s it, honey. Take charge and enjoy your special times. Nothing to be ashamed about. And you,” she said, smiling sweetly to Edward, “Take your time and make sure she enjoys it, too. My David still does.”
“Polly, now leave the poor kids alone,” the man whom I assumed was her David chastised.
“Yes, ma’am. Thank you for that advice,” Edward said to Dr. Ruth and her hubs as if he was just given guidance on what type of laundry detergent to buy. I hurried over to the shampoo aisle to load up on my favorite strawberry shampoo that wasn’t available in Forks. OK. I was also totally ditching the prophylactics situation two aisles over. As I placed the fourth bottle shampoo in my cart, I heard a low, sexy voice behind me.
“Bella… that wasn’t very nice, just leaving me with David and Polly like that,” Edward’s velvet voice oozed in my ear. He had snuck up on me; his body close enough that I could feel his warm breath on my neck. It took all of the control that I had not to grind myself against him.
“I needed shampoo?” I said, but it came out as a question. He remained close, nuzzling my ear.
“Polly was kind enough to share her insights on personal lubrication with me, while David stood there, shaking his head. The three of us decided on regular and warming lube, in case you were wondering.”
“Oh my GOD, Edward, I am so sorry, and yet at the same time I can’t help but laugh my ass off!” I said, turning to look at him, his green eyes full of laughter.
“That definitely goes into the top five most embarrassing moments, for sure,” he laughed, taking the Astroglide boxes from his cart and placing them into my own. “I don’t want to look like a total deviant at the checkout with three boxes of condoms and more lube than a NASCAR race.”
I giggled and flashed him an apologetic smile. “No problem. Oh, did you get what you needed in the automotive section?” I asked, knowing damn well he had no intention of going there.
Edward smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. “Be nice, Ms. Swan. I’m sure it was just a coincidence that you bumped into me a few aisles over.” He raised an eyebrow at me and my blush gave it all away.
“Touché,” I said, willing to let the whole subject drop so that my complexion could return to its normal state. “Are you about done? I think I have everything I need, with the exception of my oil change and a few things from the grocery store.”
“Yep. We can go up the road a bit and get your oil done. Then lunch?”
“Sure! I’m looking forward to having everyone over tonight. Emmett really designed that kitchen for a crowd. I have missed cooking so much!”
“You should have seen it before Emmett gutted it. It was awful. But that is what my brother is good at. My house was nearly a tear-down, as they say. Emmett saw potential. I called him the second my neighbor said that she heard your place was going on the market,” Edward said as we chose which checkout we wanted to go to.
“I’m so glad you made that call to him. I truly love the place! It is like a dream after all of the places I have stayed over the years. It is the first place that has felt like home to me.”
Edward’s features softened a bit with an expression that I couldn’t read. “I know what you mean, Bella. I think Forks is finally beginning to feel like home again to me, too.”
We paid for our purchases, and when the cashier couldn’t get one of the boxes of condoms to scan after five attempts, I wanted to just disappear. Edward just patiently stood there while the cashier scanned one of the other boxes twice and threw them all into a bag. Ever the polite man, he thanked her and wished her a happy day. There must be a course in med school where they teach you to curb your inner frat boy to keep you from laughing in delicate situations.
We were able to find one of those ten minute oil changing places, and after we crossed that chore off my list, Edward steered us toward a little deli where we had the best sandwiches and homemade sweet potato fries. The conversation kept itself going, and when we finished, Edward showed me a little market nearby that had a nice selection of produce. He gathered the ingredients for a salad for the evening, while I checked out the fruits and other vegetables. We went about our shopping as if this was something we did all of the time. As I began to think about that, I felt a smile creep across my face. At the same moment, Edward turned to look at me. He had a similar smile on his face. I kept smiling as I pushed our cart toward him.
“What’s that beautiful smile about?” Edward asked, placing the salad goods in the cart and squeezing my shoulders.
“I was just thinking of how easy it is to be with you. It’s refreshing, really. I don’t really have any of the awkward, getting to know you feelings. I just feel like we click,” I said.
Before Edward, I could not have made a statement like that to a man without second guessing myself, worried about what he thought I meant and didn’t mean. It was way out of my comfort zone to even speculate such a thing. I knew Edward felt the same way, though. The way his arms enveloped me in a hug from behind confirmed this.
“I know exactly what you mean, Bella. We do click.” He then kissed my cheek and looked like he was about to say more, but then didn’t. Instead he placed my hand in his and began to push the cart.
“I have to see if they have any Grasshopper cookies for dessert! I nearly forgot!” I exclaimed. It was a small store, and I just knew I would be paying a fortune for the chocolaty-minty cookies, but it was vital for my plan. Sure enough, at a price of $4.79, I secured the baked goodies and paid for my items.
Edward helped me put the produce into the insulated bags with my cold packs and we began our drive back home. It was only 12:45, so I had plenty of time to finish what I needed to do for dinner. Edward and I talked about work for most of the ride back. He explained to me that he, Carlisle and James had worked out a pretty good schedule between the three of them. There were 14 twelve-hour shifts that needed to be covered weekly, and that worked out to right about five shifts per week. Carlisle had administrative duties that claimed him a few days a month, but other than that, he was able to spend his time being a doctor rather than a memo writer. There were eight full-time RNs in the department, aside from myself, and six part-time ones. I was able to alleviate only three shifts of the understaffed nightmare that was present. Fortunately, the float pool and the ICU could help cover things, but Glenda was always on the lookout for someone to hire.
“Welcome to Forks,” Edward said as we passed by the sign at the edge of town. “My mom is on the committee that takes care of that sign and the little garden in front of it. When we were kids, we spent some time up there repainting and weeding. I always saw it as punishment, but Alice and Emmett actually volunteered, drawing up elaborate plans and color schemes. I guess it fit in with their future careers.”
“Were you playing doctor all over town, then?” I asked jokingly.
“Uuuuuh, no. I guess I was your typical guy. I was on the football, basketball and baseball teams, mostly because there isn’t much else to do for kids after school. I did volunteer in my senior year of high school at the hospital, and I actually worked as an aide a couple of summers. Glenda will tell you that I can make a bed in no time flat.”
“I’m impressed! Most docs won’t stoop to that level, leaving the menial tasks for others while they tend to more important matters.”
“Carlisle and Esme raised us to know that you have to appreciate all parts of the job in order to be the best at what you do. Emmett doesn’t just design houses, he actually creates them with hammer and nails, drywall and mud, and he doesn’t ask any of his employees to do anything that he wouldn’t or hasn’t done himself. Alice is the same way with her business.”
“Well, I’m sure that your parents are proud of all three of you. My mom is a teacher, and my dad is a police detective in for the Phoenix Police Department. It sounds like we got a lot of the same speeches growing up. Charlie and Renee do a lot with various volunteer organizations. I was always involved with kids in high school and college.”
“Do you think that your parents will come and visit you while you’re in Forks?”
“Well, Jacob already accepted an invite from Emmett for the Seahawks-Cardinals game in the fall, and I can’t see my dad staying home for that! I think Renee and Leah will be along for the ride.”
Edward nodded his head, and I pulled into his driveway. We carried his purchases into the house. This time when I entered, I tried not to make it so obvious as I inhaled the calming scent of his home. I just prayed that Alice kept that bit of knowledge to herself.
After we dropped his purchases onto the island, Edward leaned back against the counter and pulled me to him. We fit together like puzzle pieces.
“As much as I would love to stay here like this, I really need to get going home and get things started,” I said with a sigh.
“I know. Is there anything I can help you with?”
“That’s very sweet, but I think I have everything covered. If you bring some wine, that would be perfect. And I have a special dessert inspired by you. I hope you like it!” I said, hoping that I could get it done in time.
I gave Edward a kiss, intending it to be quick and fairly devoid of tongue, but I could not help myself when he began to nibble on my bottom lip. Ten minutes and thousands of heartbeats later, I pulled away from his perfect pout and pulled him to the door with me.
“I’ll see you at six, Dr. Cullen,” I said, practically skipping down his steps and to Rufus. I turned around to see him, once again, ogling my behind. I laughed and hopped in my truck. Instead of pulling into my driveway, however, I continued down the street to the ice cream shop. Camille was there and eager to fulfill my request for a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream when I explained that I was making an ice cream cake for dessert. She even gave me a bag of sprinkles when she heard that Emmett would be there, telling me I would understand when the time came.
Time flew. I prepared the cake first, crushing the Grasshopper cookies and microwaving them enough so that the chocolate melted a bit. Then I pressed the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a springform pan. At this point, the ice cream had been out long enough so that it was soft, and I was able to spread it over the crust. I made sure to leave enough room in the pan to accommodate the fresh whipped cream I’d be garnishing with later. I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself. I felt goofy and giddy about making a silly dessert for the sheer purpose of seeing Edward smile. It was a great feeling.
I double checked all of my ingredients for the main dish and prepped the veggies for it and the salad. I sat the linguini out on the counter next to the stove where I had a pot of water ready to go when it was time to cook it. I cleaned the chicken breasts and pounded them thin, then cut them into bite-sized pieces. I put away the items that needed to be refrigerated, checked once more on the ice cream confection I had placed into the freezer, and did a quick wipe down of the counters. It was already 4:30, and time to shower and change. With a bounce in my step, I headed upstairs.
On the back of the bathroom door, I hung the dress I had picked up at Alice ’s. I retrieved the new bra and panty set from my underwear drawer and headed for the shower. The showerheads spraying water from different directions was a heavenly feeling. I felt pampered and so relaxed as I sat on the bench, enjoying the sensation of the invigorating streams of water hitting my body.
The intensity of my feelings toward Edward surprised me, but it was not at all unwelcome. The man was a god-like creature who enjoyed my company and my body in close proximity to his. The feeling was definitely mutual. Just having him close to me set off all sorts of bells and whistles in and around my vagina. I was so glad to know that he was thinking of sex in the future. Truthfully, I wasn’t sure how much longer I could hold out. The pull to him was almost overpowering. Less than a week and I was ready to give it up? WTF?
Thinking about Edward in the shower was dangerous, and soap did nothing to ensure the safety of my girl parts as my mind began to wander. As my slick hand grazed my clit, it occurred to me just how very long it had been since a man had made me feel like, well, a woman. Since Mike, I had become quite adept in the art of self-appreciation. Rabbits, g-spot vibes and an active imagination were adequate, but nothing compared to the skilled hands, mouth, and cock of a man. If our make-out session was any indication, Edward’s ability to make me come was a foregone conclusion in my mind. I thought back to his strong hands as they caressed my breasts. My own fingers circled my clit with increasing pressure. As I recalled the way his tongue played across my nipples, flicking and biting softly, I pinched and rolled first one hardened peak, then the other, my back involuntarily curving into a gentle arch. Edward had long fingers, a detail I focused my thoughts on as I dipped my middle finger into my folds. The past few days in Edward’s presence had created quite the flood of wetness between my legs, and I was eager to share with him. I imagined what it would be like to gaze down between my legs to see his gorgeous hair, darkened by the streams of hot water, and to see his entrancing green eyes, darkened by the arousal I caused to surge through him.
Sex to me has always been more than a tactile experience. I began to circle my hips faster as I imagined how the steam in the confines of the shower would intensify his scent. My climax grew closer. I imagined tasting myself on his fingers and tongue, tasting his cock as it leaked a pearl of his essence from his glorious tip. I heard my breathing pick up as I felt my self approach the edge. I remembered how his voice, his groans of pleasure shot to my core each time I heard and felt them mixed with his kisses. I recalled his voice, in a low, gruff whisper, saying my name as I closed my eyes and yelled his name in reply. My orgasm hit me with such force that I threw back my head against the tumbled marble tiles, the pleasure amplified by the pain. I slumped a bit on the bench and caught my breath. After a minute or two, I smiled to myself. If I could feel that amazing just thinking about Edward Cullen, then God only knows the ways my body would surrender to the real thing.
Edward
I kept my eyes on the clock. It took all I had to remain sane as the last hour ticked by until I saw Bella again. Never mind that I had already spent the better part of the day with her. I was smitten, enchanted and delightfully being pulled into Bella’s web. And it was becoming more and more apparent that there was no place else better for me to be.
After guiding me toward the “perfect ensemble for a fun evening of getting to know one another,” whatever the fuck that meant, Alice hung up on me.
So I sat at my desk in my green chambray button down shirt - to “compliment your hair and eyes”, Alice said - with the sleeves rolled up - to make it look like I was comfortable and to showcase my “drool-worthy arms,” Alice had said - a pair of distressed khaki cargo shorts - to “accentuate your long, muscular legs“ - my Keen sandals - because “they’re not sneakers,” - and my hair in its usual state of disarray - “fuck-hot sex hair,” Alice said, which disturbed me greatly as I shared too much DNA with her for that kind of observation to be anything but wrong. I checked iTunes for songs that I could gift to Bella, because the girl needed a few essentials for any future road trips that we would be taking. I was hoping that today was the first of many, and I was only too happy to indulge in a few songs here and there.
Our trip today was fantastic. I mentally patted myself on the back when I saw her eyes light up at the sight of coffee. And she was kidding herself if she thought I wasn’t about to check out her backside and the way it looked in her shorts. Her legs alone could have kept my mind occupied for hours. Then she walked away from me and all that I could do was stare at her tiny waist as it curved into her hips and lovely round ass.
How was it that a week ago, I was content with my life? I went to work, had my family, did my own thing, and then, in an instant, everything changed and all I could think about was Bella. I had spent so much time with her since meeting her on Tuesday. It had only been three and a half days since our paths crossed, and I yet I felt fundamentally changed. Spending time away from her, to me, felt like torture. It was as if she was what I had been waiting for, even though that sounds totally emo and I could scarcely admit it to anyone but Mom and perhaps Alice. And damn that twin of mine and her all-knowing ways. She had sent a text to me that said, “I really like her, and I know she’s the one. Persevere, mon frère.” WTF? Strangely enough, her encouragement had come just as I was sorting through the confusion I had in my head and heart and it bolstered me a bit, making me feel a bit lighter today. I hardly thought about the fact that Bella would be moving on in six months. That fact was present when I got into my head too much, but I was able to push it away for the time being. I was going to be a glass half full kind of guy about this.
It was nearing 6 o’clock, so I grabbed my iPod, the two bottles of wine and the bouquet of wildflowers I picked up at the florist earlier and headed out the door. I could feel my heart beat faster as I anticipated a fun night with my family and Bella. As I turned the corner, I noticed there were no other cars at her place. I did a little happy dance in my head because I wanted a private moment with her to greet her properly.
I practically flew up the stairs to her door. One of the things I liked about her house was the attention to detail my brother had when he restored the place. Instead of the usual, modern doorbell, Emmett had kept the old-fashioned bell, like a bicycle bell, which was built into the door. When I rang the diminutive but loud object, I heard Bella’s heels clicking on the antique hardwood floor, speeding up when she saw me through the wavy glass of the front door.
When Bella opened the door and I saw her, I think I actually gasped. And then she blushed. She was a vision, in a blue dress that showed off her tits in the best way, short of being naked. Being Alice’s brother, I had learned enough about fashion to know that the dress was something like chiffon, all breezy and light, with the v neckline showcasing her collarbones and cleavage. The skirt stopped just above her knees, and she had some strappy sandals that lengthened her legs just enough to make my crotchtal region stand up and take notice. To top it off, her hair was pulled back on the sides while it cascaded down her back in rich, bouncy curls.
“Hi, Edward,” Bella said softly, opening the door wide for me. I stepped in and gave her a kiss on the cheek, and then skimmed my way down her neck, depositing an open-mouthed kiss on her clavicle. I heard her let out a little moan.
“I’m a little embarrassed to admit I missed you,” she said sheepishly.
I smiled at hearing that. My heart did that weird flutter thing. Seriously, I swear I had a dick when I left the house…when did my outie become an innie?
“I missed you too, actually. Sorry if I am a few minutes early. These are for you,” I said, handing her the flowers. “They look almost as beautiful as you do, you know.”
“Thank you, Edward. They’re lovely. You’re right on time. Let me get these in some water and you can keep me company while I begin dinner.”
Bella smelled the flowers and took my free hand, pulling me with her toward the kitchen.
“I’m sure that I have a vase around here somewhere,” she said, laying the flowers on the island and moving to the cabinet near the refrigerator. Up on the top shelf was an earthenware pitcher. Turning and giving me a smile, she asked, “Could you reach that for me?”
I placed the bag containing the wine bottles next to the flowers and walked over to her side. I could smell the fantastic scent of her strawberry shampoo as it engulfed me like an invisible tractor beam, pulling me in. I stood behind her and reached over her head, pressing myself to her back oh so slightly. I was close enough to shamelessly look down the front of her dress, where I saw a flash of blue lace. What I wouldn’t give to see more of that later on.
I retrieved the pitcher and handed it to Bella, who promptly rewarded me with a kiss on the nose. She filled the pitcher and transferred the flowers to the water. I looked on the counter where she had everything prepped and ready to go for dinner.
“What do you need me to do?” I asked. Bella immediately blushed and raised an eyebrow at me. My eyes went wide when I realized that Naughty Bella might be joining us for the evening.
“Tie my apron?” she asked, all innocent, turning her back to me and lifting her hair so that I could help guide the article over her head. I stood close to her back, burying my face in her hair and wrapping my arms around her tiny waist. Then, God help me, she leaned forward, grabbing the edge of the black granite counter and pushed her ass right into my rapidly growing hard on.
I might have let a moan escape as I reached from her waist to the area between her thighs, cupping her sex and grinding myself on her delightful ass. She leaned her head back on to my shoulder and let out a sound somewhere between a sigh and a moan as she reached up and threaded her fingers into the hair at the back of my head. The contact was heavenly, but I needed to stop before Little Eduardo became a Cock of Unusual Size. I slid my hands back to her waist and proceeded to fashion a bow at the back of the apron.
“If you ever need help with getting things tied up, Bella, I am always willing to help,” I said in a low, breathy voice, doing my damnedest to elicit the shiver of pleasure I felt ripple through her body.
I heard someone clear their throat and we both snapped our heads toward the screen door that Bella had left open when I arrived. Busted!
“Hand check, kids! Get ‘em up where I can see ‘em,” Emmett teased as he walked into the foyer.
“Up yours, bro,” I said as I walked behind the island, not fooling anyone as to what I was trying to hide. Rosalie, Jasper and Alice filed in after Brother Bear, the girls with wine and Jasper with a six pack of his favorite Sam Adams. He was a Texan, for sure, but he loved his Yankee beer.
Bella smoothed out her apron and greeted her guests. “I’m so glad you could all make it! I am getting ready to start the chicken, so we should be ready to eat in about 30 minutes or so. Who wants wine?”
The girls opted for wine, and the guys went with beer. Someone turned on some music, which reminded me of my iPod in my pocket. I had a playlist for Bella that she needed to transfer to her computer at some point, but I left it alone for now. If Emmett got a hold of that little tidbit, I’d never regain my masculinity in his eyes.
“So, brother of mine, what did you do today? Catch up on sleep?” Alice asked.
“Well, actually, Bella and I ran some errands in Port Angeles this morning, and this afternoon, I just hung around the house. I should have mowed my lawn, but I didn’t feel like it. I guess I’ll get to that tomorrow. That reminds me, do you have a spare lawnmower, Emmett? One that Bella can have for her yard? I noticed that the grass here was getting a little long, too.”
Emmett sat at the island and rubbed his chin. “I think I have one at one of the other rental properties that isn’t being used. I can bring it by soon. I don’t think they are calling for rain at all this weekend, so I can trim it up quick.”
“Emmett, I can cut my own lawn. I’m not helpless! Just because I grew up in Phoenix doesn’t mean vegetation is a foreign concept to me. Plus it’ll be good exercise. I feel like a slug this week,” Bella said as she cooked the chicken pieces. She had already sautéed the vegetables and set them aside, and the stockpot filled with water for the linguini had begun to simmer. I tried to watch her surreptitiously as she glided from task to task. She looked up at me and winked as she wiped down the counter.
“Oh my God,” Jasper drawled out, “is that a ShamWOW?”
“Why yes, Jasper it is. Made in Germany . That Vince knows his stuff. I also have a Slap-Chop and a Snuggie embroidered with my name,” Bella said as she opened a cabinet that showcased all of her As Seen On TV gadgets. “Step off, Cowboy. The Hercules Hooks are mine, too.”
“Oh, crap, Bella,” Alice laughed. “I think Jasper may call off the wedding and propose to you! I think his ideal woman is someone who can appreciate such fine things!”
I peered into the open door and saw it all. It was like a stockroom at QVC or something. A stack of ShamWOWs, the Slap-Chop, OxiClean, both powder and spray, the ever perplexing Hercules Hooks and, taped to the inside of the cabinet, were laminated pictures of Bella with Billy Mays and Vince the ShamWOW guy. Next to the pictures were two pieces of paper, autographs personalized to Bella from each of the men. It was too much, and we were all laughing. Well, all of us but Jasper and Bella.
Jasper put his arm around Bella and said, “Don’t you worry darlin’, they just don’t see the magic the way we do.”
“Indeed, Jasper. Indeed. Here, you take the Slap-Chop and help me with dessert. You can make the chocolate garnish,” she replied to her new soul mate.
“What’s for dessert?” I asked, reaching over Bella’s arm, brushing by her lightly, and grabbing a handful of the chocolate chips that Jasper was about to Slap-Chop into pieces.
She smiled a secret smile to me. I just smiled back and tried not to let my eyes travel down her neck to the tops of her breasts but miserably failed. This night was going to be torture trying not to touch her.
“I made something special for you and Alice , since the two of you caused your mom to have such a craving for mint chocolate chip ice cream. I made a trip down to see Camille and I made an ice cream cake. Jasper is taking care of the topping for the whipped cream, which still needs to be made. Who wants to do it?”
“Uh, Bella, don’t you just buy Cool-Whip like the rest of us?” Emmett asked with a confused look on his face. Eating was his forte, not cooking.
“Emmett, you big lug! Just for that, Bella, make him do the whipped cream by hand!” Rose said as she pushed her fiancé toward the stainless Kitchen Aid mixer on the far counter.
Bella went to the refrigerator and pulled out two containers of cream. I don’t know if she planned it that way, but the cartons were on one of the lower shelves, meaning she had to bend over to reach them. I stared unabashedly at her ass and felt a smack upside my head from my big sister. Bella straightened up and gave me a smirk. She knew she was giving me a show, that tart!
“OK, Emmett,” Bella said, “just open the containers and pour them into the bowl. Start the mixer slowly, and then increase the speed. It’ll take a few minutes, but we will have whipped cream soon. How’s the Slap-Chopping going, counselor?”
“Almost done. This is more fun than I thought! Get away, Alice ! This is my job!”
Rose went over to the stove where Bella was finishing the chicken. Alice and I sat at the island with our drinks and watched the assembly line of food prep in front of us. She nudged my arm, so I looked at her.
“Bella, I need to show Edward something on my car, OK?” Alice said.
“That’s fine! The pasta should be done in eight minutes,” she said with a smile as she watched her workers in front of her.
Alice and I went to her car parked on the street and she opened it up, ushering me into the driver’s seat, pretending to show me something on the dash.
“What gives, Tiny? Could you be any more obvious?” I asked grumpily.
“No more obvious that you ogling Bella’s ass! So how are things going? Rose and I had a fun time at lunch with her yesterday, and we really like her. She’s funny and sweet. Bella’s such a perfect match for you! Are you going to ask her out? I know she thinks you’re fantastic…” my sister jabbered.
“Shit, Alice , take a breath! To answer your question, things are going well, I guess. I like her. She likes me. We want to spend more time together. Today we had a good time.”
I wasn’t sure how much I wanted to reveal to Alice . She knew it all, anyway, I’m sure, but somehow, admitting my feelings out loud scared me. I was worried that I’d wake up and find out that I was dreaming about the wonderful woman that was Bella. Now that I had experienced the euphoria of this extreme case of like. It was waaaay too soon for love, that much I knew, but I also knew I couldn’t go back to the life I knew before Bella. There was no spark in that life.
“A good time?! You are lit up like a Christmas tree around her, Edward!”
“Don’t push, Alice . I’ll be honest with you…everything feels so right when I’m with Bella. It is truly an effortless thing spending time with her. I feel friendship, for sure, but I am attracted to her in a way that I never was to Tanya. There’s a pull, a connection I never imagined I’d feel after such a short time! And we’ve only got a short time, considering she leaves in six months. I can see myself old and grey with her, Alice . Am I crazy? After less than a week, I’m dreaming about her and wanting something that sounds suspiciously like happily ever after? I’m all emo! And then you steal my shirt and awaken my inner caveman. What the fuck?”
Ranting to Alice always made me feel better.
“Edward…” Alice said with a knowing smile. “Just follow your heart. Our family falls fast and hard. I did. Mom and Dad did. Grandma and Grandpa Platt did. Emmett and Rose did, too, once they admitted it to themselves. None of us will judge you. We just want you to be happy and to find what you have been missing this whole time. You have been looking for so long that it almost seems too good to be true, right? Everything will work out. Take advantage of the time you have now. The details will take care of themselves.”
I got out of the car and pulled my sister into a hug. “So I’m not going nuts? All of this is normal? The electricity, the palpitations, and the feeling like I need to be near her all of the time?”
Alice and I made our way up the stairs. I held the door open for her and stopped her briefly before she went in.
“Thanks for talking to me, Sis. I have a good feeling about things.”
“Anytime, Edward. All I want is to see you happy. I think you will be. Just be patient.”
Alice and I entered the kitchen to a bizarre sight. Emmett was putting the finishing touches on the ice cream cake, spreading the whipped cream into artfully structured peaks. Jasper, his assistant, was on stand-by with his Slap-Chopped chocolate and a huge bag of sprinkles, no doubt from Camille. Rose had tossed the salad together and the rest of the food appeared to be done. Bella had, at some point, gotten her camera and was taking pictures of my brother channeling his inner Julia Child.
I walked up behind Bella, slipped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder. It was such a natural thing. She craned her head around and gave me a quizzical look. I shrugged my shoulders and gave her a quick peck on her strawberry flavored lips. She blushed, but at the same time, squeezed my arms closer to her and sighed. I caught Emmett and Rose looking at us, and then exchanging a smile.
“Let’s get the awkwardness out of the way, shall we?” Bella said. “Edward and I are obviously spending a lot of time together. I hope that everyone is OK with that.”
“It’s all good in the ‘hood, Bella!” my big brother bellowed, and just like that, everyone was smiling and the awkwardness was gone.
“Edward, can you hand me the plates on the counter there?” Bella asked me as I reluctantly let her go. I gathered the items and took them to the stove so that she could plate the food.
“Are those more of your creations, Bella?” Emmett asked
Bella turned to my brother and smiled. “Actually, they are. The salad bowl, too. I want to make a set of small bowls if I can get some time at the studio of the artist you mentioned.”
“You made these?” I asked, looking closely at the plate in my hands. It was fantastic.
“Yup,” she said with a shy smile. “I learned in college. It is therapeutic. Although my roommate at the time was going through a Patrick Swayze phase and thought I was doing it to find a hot guy to play in the clay, like in ‘Ghost,’” Bella giggled.
Bella all scantily clad and slippery from wet clay? My dick twitched at the thought.
The other males in the room seemed to be thinking about the same thing, but hopefully about their respective women and not my Bella.
“Guys are so predictable,” Rose said, looking at Emmett with his far away look in his eyes.
“What? Girls see that scene as romantic, but what it really is, my friends, is well choreographed foreplay,” Emmett defended.
“True dat,” Jasper said. “That scene was put in there for all of the sad sacks who had to endure the rest of the film with their weepy girlfriends. It’s the least they could do for those of us with male genitalia.”
That remark earned Jasper a smack on the head from both Rose and Alice. Bella snorted and went back to getting our food.
“Well, guys, we can either eat around the island with two of us standing, or we can eat at my table and two of us can bring the barstools in, since I only have four chairs.”
We ended up staying in the kitchen, the girls sitting and the guys standing. The room was such a natural gathering place that none of the guys minded not having a place to sit.
Dinner was coming along nicely, and the six of us were having a blast. There were times when I felt Bella staring at me and was rewarded with a smile and a blush when I caught her. There was one moment when the sunlight came through one of the windows and made color of her beautiful hair explode with shades of auburn and red that almost took my breath away. She threw her head back and was laughing at something Alice said.
Rose was sitting next to me, nudged me. “She really is a fun person, Edward,” she said in a low voice. “It’s almost like she’s been a part of the gang forever.”
“I know. She’s amazing,” I said simply, admiring Bella. When she looked over at me, she winked. I gave her a smile back.
“Bella, this is all so delicious. I hope you realize that your house will become the gathering place now that Emmett knows that you can cook,” I said.
“I don’t mind. I love to cook, and haven’t had occasion to do it in so long. Plus, having the perfect kitchen makes it fun,” she said, raising her glass to Emmett.
“I do what I can,” Emmett said, deflecting the compliment a bit. He was the best at what he did, but always shied away when people praised his work. Rosalie claimed it was part of his charm.
Everyone finished and together, we cleaned the kitchen quickly. Jasper snagged a ShamWOW and wiped the island, amazed by small, yellow rectangle.
“Bella, can you please explain the fascination with these gadgets? And do you really have an embroidered Snuggie?” I asked as I washed and she dried the pots and pans.
“It started as a joke, really. When I was in Dallas , with the flight team? We had this call room, which was just a big room with about eight recliners and a 52 inch TV on the wall. It was always cold, since the pilots always kept the air conditioning on. One night, I was complaining, and the Snuggie commercial came on. A week later, there was a Snuggie on my locker, embroidered with my name. I don’t care how ridiculous I look, I love that thing! Every time I was on nights, the guys would find various infomercials for me to watch. Billy Mays, God rest his soul and Vince were at an expo that we had to work one weekend. The guys dragged me over to them, hence the photos and autographs. At my going away party, everyone brought me an item you would find on an infomercial. Good times. Gooood times.”
“Please tell me you have some Bump Its! Good lord, I am fascinated with those things! Brandy won’t let me order them for the shop. She says they’re too low rent,” Alice squealed.
Apparently it was Alice ’s lucky day, as Bella had two kinds of Bump Its, whatever the hell they were.
“Would you boys excuse us for a minute? I have to show Alice and Rose what they have been missing. You can make yourself at home in the TV room. Feel free to hookup the Wii, Edward,” Bella said with a smile as she stopped next to me and squeezed my hand, then ran up the stairs with Alice and Rosalie like they were in junior high.
Jasper stood there, ShamWOW in hand, shaking his head. “I wonder how long they will take. It was bad when it was when it was just Alice and Rose,” he chuckled. “With three, we’re going to be spending a lot of quality time together, my friends.”
“Aw, I think it’s kind of cute, don’t you, Edward?” Emmett asked. I had gone to hook up the video game, and Emmett brought a Coke in for Jasper, me, and himself. He plopped his huge body down onto Bella’s sofa. We heard loud laughter and clapping from upstairs, causing us to laugh as well.
“Bella’s like a breath of fresh air, that’s for sure,” I said. “She and Glenda hit it off right away at work. It’s nice to have a nurse who knows what she’s doing instead of the other temps we have gotten in the past.”
“It also helps that she’s single, has a smokin’ hot body and is rather sweet on you, too, right?” Emmett said, dimples blazing. He was just joking with me, but also trying to make a point. “Are the days of Monkward behind us?”
“Bella and I have spent time together every day since we met. We just click, you know? I’m not going to lie, I like her a lot. I think about her constantly. It’s weird and intense and completely foreign to me. Alice says that you just know when it’s right. Whatever it is, I can’t imagine going back to the way things were a week ago, you know pre-Bella. I was happy before, but now I feel alive. Stop me when I get too emo for you,” I babbled.
“It’s OK, Edward. I can relate. Your sister knocked me on my ass all those years ago in an instant. And I was only sixteen! My parents thought I was crazy, but you should listen to the little one. She has knack for ‘knowing’that is just plain scary,” Jasper said as he settled onto the chair nearest the kitchen. “How much more moving around does Bella have to do?”
“She is going to San Francisco in December right after she finishes her assignment here. She finishes up next March and then she is planning on grad school. She’s not sure where yet but she’s thinking maybe Phoenix , near her family,” I said, hopefully succeeding at hiding my sadness over that fact.
“Maybe she could look at U Dub? That’s a hell of a lot closer than Phoenix ,” Emmett offered.
“Yeah, maybe. I think for the time being I will just enjoy the time we have. If it is meant to be, then it will work out.”
Jasper smiled. “You sound exactly like Esme. She said those same words to me when my parents were talking about moving back to Texas senior year. Have some faith, my man.”
From upstairs, we heard more laughing and clapping, followed by the sound of the three girls making their way down the stairs. Alice peered around the corner and then jumped out. Rose and Bella appeared as Alice waved her arms like Vanna turning letters. My mouth went dry as I became aware why some men have naughty librarian fantasies. There Bella stood, her hair ridiculously, well, bumped, and a pair of the sexiest black framed glasses I have ever seen. It was quickly becoming impossible for me to stand while being in Bella’s presence.
“I didn’t know you wore glasses, Bella,” I said, hoping that nobody noticed the lower, sex-crazed timbre my voice had assumed all on its own.
Bella walked over to the sofa and sat next to me. “I usually wear contacts, but one began bugging me with all of the hairspray that was flying around up there.”
Alice and Rose let out little laughs, and Bella shot them a look.
“Let me look at it. Corneal abrasions can be a bitch,” I said as I turned her chin toward me, tilting it up to get a better look at her eyes.
“The med-speak is such a turn on,” Emmett said to the others, who snickered as Bella blushed.
“I think I’ll be OK. You’ll be the first person I’ll call if I need some attention, though,” she said and squeezed my hand, neglecting to let it go. “What do you think of the hair? Alice ’s is too short to bump, but Rose and I could be spokesmodels, apparently.”
“Well, it’s…” I began.
“FUGLY!” Alice snorted. “I am so glad I listened to Brandy. I cannot possibly taint my good name with such atrocities!”
“I don’t know, darlin’, Emmett seems to like it,” Jasper said, nodding to the man who was grabbing at Rose.
“I don’t think the hair has anything to do with it. Emmett is just a big horndog, plain and simple,” Rosalie laughed as Emmett enveloped her in his arms. Bella squeezed my hand and stole a glance at me. Even with the awful hair thingy, she was beautiful. I couldn’t wait for everyone else to leave so that I could run my fingers through her curls.
“Jesus, Alice, I hope that you are talking about the Cow Racing game, or else I’m going to have to ask you to take it somewhere more private,” Bella said with a laugh.
“Oh, Bella, you have no idea how Jasper and Alice go at this game. Watch and learn,” Rosalie said.
Jasper and Alice played. It was fun sitting next to Bella because she really got into the game, leaning into me as she watched Alice and Jasper lean into the curves on the game. I turned to her as she leaned way into my side and nuzzled her ear.
“Are you trying to kill me? First the glasses, now the constant sexy Bump It hair brushing up against me?”
“What? Am I distracting you? I truly don’t mean to. I’m just a girl trying to enjoy a game,” she said, feigning innocence.
“I truly do think you mean to, which is why I have a pillow over my lap and I’m trying to distract myself by thinking of Emmett in drag to take care of a problem I may or may not be having.”
Bella let out a laugh that caused Rose to look over at us. Bella winked at Rose and Rose nodded.
“You’ll have to tell me all about that silent conversation that just happened between you and Blondie over there,” I said, grazing my lips over her ear. If I was going to sit with something uncomfortable in my pants, she was going to have to try to get some friction, too. My plan worked, as I noticed goose bumps appear on her neck and she shifted ever so slightly sitting next to me. Her eyes fluttered closed for a second and a smile crept across her full lips.
Emmett got up from the seat he was sharing with Rose and began looking through Bella’s movies, while the cow races continued.
“Bella, you know you have my favorite movies here, right? Caddyshack? All of the Aliens flicks? The Predator flicks? But it is sacrilege to have them in such close proximity to Pride and Prejudice, Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast Club.”
“I’m not defending my library to you. Sometimes a girl needs romance. Sometimes she needs blood and guts. But I’ll have you know I can quote Caddyshack with the best of them! A pond would be good for you.”
After a few minutes of reliving Rodney Dangerfield’s wit, Bella got up and announced that it was time for dessert. I followed behind her, taking a ribbing from Jasper as I watched her ass swish in her lovely blue dress.
“It was really nice of you to get the ice cream from Camille, Bella,” I said, opening the drawer, looking for utensils.
“Next one over,” she said, giving me a smile and directing me to the correct drawer. Her eyes were bright and I saw a bit of blush. I wondered what was going through her mind to trigger it. “I had already planned on making a vanilla cake, but when Camille said you never eat any other kind of ice cream; I needed to alter my plans a bit.”
“That’s sweet, Bella,” Alice said. I shot her a look, and she just rolled her eyes at me. “I suppose she told you how Mom was a frequent flyer in the shop when she was pregnant with us!”
“You always hear about cravings with pregnant ladies. I wonder if it’s really like they say it is.” Emmett pondered aloud.
“Good Lord,” Rose said with a giggle. “Can you imagine what kind of cravings Emmett would have if he were pregnant? He’d want sprinkles on his pork chops!”
I laughed. “Bella, Emmett puts sprinkles on his yogurt. He puts sprinkles on his pancakes. When he was little, the only way Mom could get him to take medicine was if he took it with a spoonful of sprinkles.”
“I don’t know, Edward, wasn’t it Mary Poppins…” Bella began.
Emmett then broke out into song in his best falsetto Julie Andrews singing “A Spoonful of Sugar.” He flitted, if flitted was a word you could use to describe what Emmett was doing, around the kitchen, a spot-on performance of the scene we had watched countless times as a kid. It was fucking hilarious. Bella was wiping tears from her eyes.
Bella served us all a slice of mint chocolate chip heaven. I recognized the Grasshopper cookies she insisted on buying as the crust, and as I practically inhaled my piece, I groaned.
“Don’t tell Camille, but you just improved on my favorite,” I said.
“Please, eat, eat! I really don’t want any leftovers,” Bella said, mainly to me and Alice, since we had finished before everyone else. Alice wasn’t shy, placing another sizable piece on each of our plates.
“Good news, people,” Rosalie said after wiping some whipped cream from her nose that Emmett was kind enough to deposit there. “We confirmed the date for our wedding with the resort on Maui . It is going to be at sunset on the beach. The resort has enough cottages to accommodate us all, so I booked six cottages for five days, then Emmett and I will be continuing on at a private island for ten more days.”
“They’re in your inbox, babe. Bella, I’ll forward them to you as well. You’ll just die when you see the beach!”
“Hawaii is in my list,” Bella said. “What details are left?”
The girls then dove into a discussion about the resort, the photographers, the food and the flowers. It was funny to see the usually cool, reserved Rose get all giddy about marrying my brother. He just sat happily at her side, occasionally touching her arm or her hair. Jasper and Alice shared a few meaningful glances when Rose talked about the romance of it all.
Bella placed her hand on my knee and squeezed. I turned my head and was rewarded as she leaned into my shoulder, my nose becoming buried in her hair as I nuzzled her ear. I pulled away and brought a forkful of ice cream cake to Bella’s perfect mouth. As her lips closed around the fork, a sensual act I watched with a rapid pulse, I heard the distinctive clicking sound of a digital camera. I looked up to see Alice with a wide smile on her face and a camera in her hand. She then took a picture of Rose and Emmett.
“I have to get copies of those pictures you took of Emmett and Jasper, Bella. It was hilarious watching him and Jasper make such a fuss over the placement of chocolate and sprinkles!” Rose said. “It was like watching an episode of ‘Ace of Cakes’ or something.”
“You, woman, are just jealous of my attention to detail. Never before in the history of ice cream confections has there been such a thing of beauty. It was almost a shame that we had to eat it,” Emmett carried on.
“Enough, Em. We know it was all about the gadgets. You see, Bella, my brother loves gadgety goodness. I think you have opened a whole new avenue for him with the Kitchen Aid mixer,” Alice said. “And now that Jasper has a partner in crime with regard to your mutual obsession with your infomercial treasures, you have solidified a place in our group,” she said with a wink.
“Well, I think I should teach the boys how to cook, using as many gadgets as possible. It’s the least I can do, living in a place with such a fantastic kitchen. Really, Emmett. This kitchen was made for entertaining,” Bella said with a twinkle in her eyes.
“Thank goodness I was renovating a house and not an apartment building! The place is yours as long as you need it, Bella. I mean it,” Emmett said with a big smile.
“Seriously, Emmett, I think that this is my dream house. I never want to leave!” Bella said, her comment cutting me two ways. Emmett looked at me as my emotions flickered across my face.
“I think that everything happens for a reason, Bella. It’ll be a blast having you around Forks. Things will definitely be a lot livelier, don’t you think, Edward?” Rose asked with a knowing smile on her face.
“I think you’re right,” I said, giving Bella a smile and a squeeze on her shoulders.
“Well, I’m glad that I have fallen in with such a great crowd, even though Alice and Jasper push the envelope of decency when it comes to riding livestock,” Bella chuckled as she bumped into Alice, who was still sitting on Jasper’s lap.
“Watch it, Swan. Don’t mess with my groove. I know secrets now!” Alice said, eyebrows waggling.
Emmett looked at his watch. “Well, guys, Rosie and I have to hit the road. We have an 8AM meeting tomorrow to look at a property. On to the next project now that we’ve finished this one up.”
“Yeah, we need to get going, too. Alice and I are going to do some work at the shop early tomorrow so that she can take a few days off soon for some wedding planning,” Jasper said.
Emmett coughed and said something that sounded suspiciously like “pussy whipped,” while Jasper took a slow swing at Emmett’s chest. “Watch it, Mr. Private Island ,” Jasper warned.
I hugged Rosalie and my twin goodnight. Alice gave me an extra squeeze and said, “Good times lie ahead. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.” I raised my eyebrow at her and she smacked me lightly. “You know what I mean, you pervert!”
Bella sent her guests off with hugs and promises to see them at my parents’ place on Sunday morning. She shut the front door and turned to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and tucking her head under my chin.
“Well, I think that went well,” Bella said with a squeeze to my middle. “Your brother is a nut!”
We walked hand in hand back towards the kitchen. “You really have only seen the tip of the iceberg, you know. One of the things I love about Emmett is his honesty. I get a feeling that what he says is exactly what he is thinking. There is minimal filtering going on there.”
Bella smiled. “Rose and Alice are so welcoming. We were like little girls playing dress up earlier,” she added with a laugh.
“Uh, yeah, about that…what gives with all the secret looks between you and Rosalie before? Was I missing out on something?”
“Nuh uh, Cullen. Not a chance. Girl talk is a sacred thing. Those girls have some astounding insight into you. That’s all.”
My eyes widened and I felt the need to pounce on Bella, looking all sexy standing by the door in her swishy blue dress and wood-producing librarian look. “What kind of things did they say, Isabella?” I asked with a lower, more sinister tone to my voice.
Bella let out a squeak and ran around the island away from me. As I gave chase, she squealed louder and ran upstairs. I nearly caught her when she reached her room, but she launched herself onto her bed and feebly tried to protect herself with the shield of a down pillow.
“What were you girls talking about?” I asked as I approached, surprised at how the air had quickly become so sexually charged in an instant. Somewhere in the more evolved area of my brain, I realized that the hum of sexual tension had been present since we met. Never before had I truly wanted anyone like the way I wanted Bella. It was wickedly perfect.
“Your car?”
“Try again,” I said as I prowled - yes fucking prowled - like a predator toward my prey. At this point, I figured I was working on only 25% evolved brain matter. The rest was caveman instinct and my dick. It was pathetic.
“Your fantastic sense of humor?” Bella said in a half whisper, creeping with her pillow shield to the top of the bed. When her progress was halted by the headboard, her eyes flew open and she giggled.
“Nope. Tell me about this supposed insight into me, Bella,” said smoothly as I sat on the bed and moved to a position where I was nearly on top of her, between her legs which had fallen teasingly apart, her dress hitched up over her knees but covering her center.
“We may have discussed a few alterations to my look tonight that might have a certain, um, effect on you,” she teased, adjusting her glasses and batting her lashes.
“I have to say that the addition of these,” I said, carefully removing the black frames, “to your wardrobe has done wonders for the naughty thoughts I have about you, Bella.” I put her glasses onto her nightstand.
“Edward, you have only known for a few hours that I even wear glasses and you’re fantasizing already?” she asked, ridding herself of the pillow and bringing one of her hands to rest at the nape of my neck. The touch alone was enough to give me shivers and solidify the situation in my pants. How did she so quickly start to turn the tables on me?
“Bella, I have only known you for a total of a few days, but that is long enough for me to know what I want. I have been fantasizing about you all week. I am not going to try to sort it out in my head any more. I know your time here is limited,” I said, watching the playful look in her eye flicker to something sadder for a moment, “so I’m not going to waste time. I want to spend as much time with you as you’ll allow. There’s no shame in me saying that I’m smitten with you, Ms. Swan.”
I was on my knees between her legs, her hand continuing to caress my neck. I placed my hand on her cheek, stroking her full lower lip with my thumb.
“Are you looking to court me, Dr. Cullen?” Bella asked with a smirk, whatever sadness that surfaced moments ago gone.
“Oh, I am,” I said, leaning in, kissing her softly. Her lips parted with the softest of sighs as her hand gave a slight tug on the hair at the back of my head.
“Being that we’re under some time constraints, though, I’m willing to grant you some leeway and speed up the process, I think,” Bella said. Her grin was one of the most tempting things I had ever seen.
“An accelerated courtship? Do tell, Bella. I’m most intrigued,” I said to her, moving my legs around so that we sat facing one another, our centers close, and our legs straddling each other’s hips. The new position was intimate, but playful, too, much like everything else we had shared to date.
“I know we talked about taking things slower, and I’m not quite ready for sex tonight, but I am not opposed to you doing, say, this,” Bella said, taking my hand and placing it on her breast. I smiled at her and squeezed gently, feeling her hard nipple under my thumb. She took my other hand and placed it on her thigh. “And I wouldn’t be opposed to having your hands wandering about below my waist, either.”
I felt like a kid in a candy store. I’m surprised that I didn’t drool like an idiot and stutter, “B-b-b-boobies!!!”
I watched as she brought her hands to my chest, tracing my muscles with an insistent hand.
“Would you mind terribly if I removed your shirt? I’d be happy to reciprocate,” she said in a shy voice, biting her lip. I raised my hand to help her with the buttons when she brushed my hands away. “Let me. I have had my fantasies, too, you know.”
I let out a groan as she steadily undid the buttons and slid the shirt off my shoulders, caressing me as she went. She managed to get the shirt from my arms, only to give a slight pout when faced with my grey undershirt. Without further hesitation, she began pulling the cotton from the waistband of my shorts. Her hands hit my skin and I couldn’t stand the sweet torture anymore. I quickly pulled my shirt over my head and discarded it to the floor.
“In a hurry?” Bella asked.
“God, you are driving me crazy,” I said as I reached to cup her face and bring her lips to mine. I had to taste her. She opened her mouth to me, and I couldn’t believe that I could get turned on by just a kiss. Bella’s hands roamed over my bare chest as we continued to explore each other’s mouth. She nipped at my bottom lip as I tried to pull away.
“Mmmm, I believe you said something about reciprocation? You have far too little of your skin available for me to taste, Bella,” I said as I ran my hands up her thighs. My fingers brushed against her panties at her hips and my thumbs stroked her inner thighs. Her brown eyes were on fire as she reached around and pulled down the zipper of her dress. I ran my hands up her ribcage under the loosened garment, gathering it to pull it over her head. Bella then lifted her arms, my eyes never leaving her body as her breasts clad in a lacy blue bra appeared as I undressed her. I tossed her dress to the side with my shirt and took in the sight before me. Bella sat in her bra and matching lacy panties, and I was afraid that my words would fail me.
“You are exquisite,” I breathed as I reached to touch her silken skin. It was hard for me to comprehend the beauty that was in front of me. She gave me a shy smile and wound her fingers into the hair at the back of my head, pulling our bodies together. As our chests came into contact with each other, skin on skin, she moaned and rubbed her pussy against my cock. It was too much and not enough at the same time. Bella then shifted her weight and pushed me onto my back.
“I think you’d be a heck of a lot more comfortable if you lost these shorts, Edward,” she said, and with amazing agility, undid the buttons of my fly. I raised my hips and took off the offending garment. My cock strained against the black boxer briefs I had on.
Not only had I just had sex twice in my entire life, my experience in base running was, sadly, very limited as well. And there was a small part of me that was terrified that Bella would find it a turn off if I was a fumbling idiot when it came to pleasing her. I knew that I had some fantastic raw potential. I wasn’t that much of a dolt. As I placed my hands on her lacy ass cheeks, I decided that it was best to be up front with Bella about the whole situation.
“Bella,” I said, lowering my mouth to the tops of her breasts and giving her light kisses and licks, “will you tell me what makes you feel good? Show me where to touch you?” I was not even remotely prepared for her response.
She put a hand on either side of my face and forced me to look at her. “Are you fucking kidding me? Are you trying to kill me right here?”
I was speechless. Her eyes were staring into mine, the intensity unreal. Did I fuck this up? Was she angry or upset? Then the corners of her mouth turned upward and she parted her lips, biting down her lower one and ground her core onto my erection. I could feel the wetness from her seeping through the delicate blue fabric.
“Edward, it is every woman’s dream to have a man ask what pleases them,” Bella said in a low, husky voice. “I absolutely cannot wait to show you what I like, as long as you will do the same for me.”
I smiled and breathed a sigh of relief. “I don’t think that I’m a terribly picky man. If you read my cock the phone book right now, I’m pretty sure that you’ll be able to get me off.”
Bella moved us so that we were lying on our sides, facing each other. “I have ideas that will put the phone book to shame, Edward,” she said, cupping my length. “I mean, I don’t have that much experience, either, but wouldn’t you say that one of the perks of our job is the intimate knowledge of anatomy?”
Fuck. Fuuuuck. I can’t come yet. I can’t come yet. I can’t come yet.
Bella then took one of my hands and placed it on her mound. I gently slid my fingers under the waistband of her panties. My middle finger touched her clit, causing Bella to quietly moan and curl her head into my shoulder. I slid my fingers down between her folds and nearly fell apart at the wetness I encountered. Gathering some of her juices, I went back to her clit and began stroking her in slow circles. She bucked her hips into my hand, encouraging me.
Bella was lying on her right side. I rolled her over slightly onto her back, pulling her right arm over her head while continuing to tease her clit with my other hand. Her free hand snaked around my neck and she pulled my mouth down to hers greedily. I couldn’t help but grind my cock into her hip as I moved my middle finger down to her entrance, letting my thumb brush against her sensitive nub.
“Yes,” Bella panted as I slid my finger into the slick tightness of her pussy. My thumb continued with lazy circles on her clit while I found a rhythm of stroking in and out of her pussy. I added a second finger and massaged her g-spot (thank you, Dr. Brady and anatomy class), and I almost came unhinged as Bella continued to moan into my mouth, grinding her core on my hand. Any concerns I had about my ability to please her vanished in that moan.
Bella’s nails scraped the back of my scalp as her eyes locked with mine. “I’ve been thinking about your hands on me, in me, all week, Edward. I look at your fingers and imagine-”
“Imagine what? Imagine them in your tight pussy?” I finished.
“Yes, fuck, right there. That’s the spot!” she said loudly, throwing her head back against the pillow. Her hair was fanned out from her head, her mouth open and breathing hard.
I began to speed up the rhythm of my thumb and fingers, mesmerized at the sight before me. Bella’s skin began to take on the most beautiful blush, starting in her cheeks and inching down to her heaving chest. Her hips rose to meet the thrusts of my fingers, and I was rewarded with Bella’s chants of her impending orgasm.
“So good. So good, Edward! I’m so close, aaah, please!”
“Let go, love. Let me feel you. Look at me, Bella,” I said in a voice so full of need that it surprised me. “Let me make you come.”
“God, yes!” she shouted as her eyes fixed on mine. The walls of her pussy clenched on my fingers and I felt her legs begin to shake with the pleasure that I was able to give her. Her incoherent cries did wonders for my ego, not to mention my cock.
As she came down from her high, a smile crept across her face and she raised her mouth to mine for a kiss, her tongue entering my mouth without any hesitation. Then she reached down and brought my hand, covered in her wetness, up to our mouths where we both licked and sucked my fingers. I’m quite certain that my eyes rolled into the back of my head as I groaned.
“Fuck, Bella, you taste fantastic!” I said as I continued to kiss her.
“Mmm. Well, I don’t think I have ever come that hard. It was incredible!” she breathed, still slightly winded. She began to run her nails lightly over my chest, stopping at my nipple. Bella tugged slightly eliciting a surprised groan from me. I never imagined that having my nipples played with could feel so good. She continued down my chest to my abdomen, below my belly button and stopped at the waistband to my underwear.
“Is this OK?” she asked, sliding her fingers just under the elastic. I nodded mutely. Of course it was OK. She gave me a wicked little smile as she pushed my boxer briefs down over my hips. My erection sprang free and I can’t say I was without pride as I saw her eyes go wide. I was hung. Knowing that Bella liked what she saw, felt fucking awesome. Her tiny hand wrapped around me, and her thumb gently swirled around the tip, spreading the fluid that had come from it. I let out a hiss of pleasure as her fingers tightened around me. She shot me a look of concern.
“Sorry, it’s just been a really long time since anyone else has touched me, embarrassingly enough,” I said, looking up through my lashes, a slight blush tingeing my cheeks.
“Oh, well, is this all right, then?” she began.
“Fuck yes! God, having you touch me feels fucking amazing! Really! I just don’t know how long I’m gonna last,” I babbled as her hand gripped me and began a slow stroke down and back up.
“Well, then, Edward, we will have to work on your endurance, don’t you think?” she asked with a wink. I wove my hands into her hair at the back of her head and brought her in for a slow, languid kiss.
Bella broke the kiss after a bit and smiled. Rolling backward, she reached over to her nightstand drawer and pulled out a small bottle of lube. I swear my eyes about popped out of their head as I imagined the reasons why she might need that at her bedside, and she just gave me a knowing smirk. My dick twitched and grew harder at the thought of her touching herself as I just had. She placed her slick hand back on me and it was almost immediately too much. “Fuuuuck,” I groaned as she worked her hand down my entire length, a long, slow squeeze.
“Do you like that? I’m looking forward to having your big cock deep inside me Edward. I know it’s going to feel fantastic. You are so huge, so can you just imagine how that will feel?” Naughty Bella whispered in my ear as she stroked, the tightness of her grip mimicking the tightness of her pussy. I could only moan in response.
Bella kept the slow pace for a minute or two, just twisting and swirling, squeezing and releasing. As she began picking up the pace, I started to breathe heavier, placing my mouth on her neck to give her skin there some attention. Rolling me onto my back, Bella pulled herself onto my chest a little, placing one of her legs between mine. Then she increased her speed even more.
“Mmmm, Bella,” I rasped, “I’m getting close, so close…”
“Then let go, babe. Let me make you feel good now,” she whispered. Her mouth found my neck, my collarbone and finally my nipple again. This time, she licked circles around it instead of squeezing it. All of the sensations came crashing in on me. I felt my balls tighten and the tingling pleasure begin when Bella sucked hard on my nipple and then bit it. It was the last thing my body needed to propel me over the edge. I shouted as my orgasm took over me, spilling over Bella’s hand and my stomach.
After coming for what seemed like forever, I laid there on Bella’s bed, completely spent. She rested her head on my shoulder and listened as my breathing returned to normal.
“I have no words for how good I feel,” I said, smiling sheepishly at the beautiful woman who had just made me see stars.
“I’m glad,” she said with a grin. “I can honestly say the same.”
I looked to the nightstand and fortunately, there was a box of tissues sitting there. I grabbed a few and did a cursory cleaning of the jizz all over me. It was a potentially awkward moment, but even wiping up my spunk, I felt nothing but familiarity with this woman, if you can believe that. I smiled to myself.
“Something funny, Dr. Cullen?” Bella asked, holding her hand out for a few tissues.
“Not at all,” I replied.
“Then come with me and I’ll get us a couple of washcloths,” she said, scooting off the bed and walking toward the bathroom. We cleaned up and wandered back to her bed. She had pulled down the covers and hopped in, patting the space beside her. I slid in and wrapped my arms around her. She tucked herself into my side as if she were made to fit there. I don’t know if it was the post-orgasmic bliss or what, but I realized that life had been forever altered for me. I knew that I would be classifying life into two parts: before Bella and after Bella.
“It’s kind of late. Would it freak you out if I said that I’d like you to stay tonight?” Bella asked.
I kissed the top of her head and chuckled. “No. Would it freak you out if I told you that I didn’t want to leave?”
“Not at all. Hey, Edward?”
“Yes, Bella?”
“Thank you, um, for that, um, before, you know?” Bella stuttered.
“Bella, why the sudden shyness? It’s very cute, but quite different from the girl who was telling me all sorts of naughty things a few minutes ago.”
Bella smacked my chest playfully. “Shut it, Cullen. I guess you just bring out the naughty girl in me,” she said with a laugh.
“That’s good to know. Note to self: encourage Naughty Bella to come out and play more.”
Bella tickled my side and I hugged her tighter. She then gave up and let out an enormous yawn.
“Hey, Bella?” I said.
“Yes, Edward?” she giggled.
“You’re tired. Go to sleep. I’ll be here in the morning.”
“I’m glad,” she said with a squeeze. “Good night.”
“Good night, love.”
0 comments:
Post a Comment